What is a Chamber Ribbon Cutting?
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new, newly-renovated, or relocated business. It can inaugurate a business’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’s soft opening.
What are the Benefits of Holding a Chamber Ribbon Cutting?
No one will ever go into your business twice until they’ve gone once. A Chamber Ribbon Cutting helps get people to visit your business for the first time. We like to view this as a business development event, bringing potential customers to your door.
What does the Chamber do for my Ribbon Cutting?
The Greater Haralson Chamber of Commerce will gladly:
- Invite the Chamber Board of Directors, local government officials, and our members to attend.
- Promote your event through our online calendar, Facebook page, and electronic newsletter.
- Arrive at your location with our ribbon and official ribbon-cutting scissors.
- Welcome attendees and introduce you at your ribbon cutting.
- Take photos and share them with you and to local media representatives following the event.
- Post photos of your event to our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Things to know when planning your Ribbon Cutting:
- We find that Tuesday-Thursday, mid-day over the lunch hour, late afternoon or early evenings draw the largest crowds. We cannot assist with events scheduled on weekends or holidays.
- Prepare a 3-minute (maximum) speech
- Consider sending a special invitation to your clients, offering a drawing or raffle to collect business cards to build your database.
- The typical ribbon cutting event will last only 15-30 minutes. Refreshments, drinks, door prizes, and decorations are optional and up to you. Keep in mind, however, that ribbon cuttings are typically short and sweet.
Cost of Ribbon Cutting:
- Ribbon Cuttings are included in all Chamber membership levels.
- Not a member, but interested in a Ribbon Cutting? No worries, the non-member fee for ribbon cuttings is $50.
(Within 30 days of your ribbon cutting, should you decide to become a Chamber member, the $50 fee will be credited to your membership dues)